Tuesday, November 29, 2011

laundry service

i came to a realization this past sunday as i was doing my laundry. and yes, i was actually doing it. i didn't drop it off to be washed, dried, and folded into oh-so-perfect little squares this time. i actually did it myself! and i couldn't remember the last time i actually did my laundry. 

my whole first year in nyc i did my own laundry. mainly because it was located on the 4th floor of my building, but now, with it being one whole block away (heavens! how dare i brave the elements!), i have resorted to having someone else wash and fold my dirty laundry. 

but not last sunday. i did my laundry. and boy do i miss it. i know there will come a day when i won't miss it and will be begging for someone else to do it. but last sunday, i missed it. i missed it because i realized i was missing out on something else. missing out on the in-between-cycle time (28 min for wash, 45 for dry). and it's what you choose to do with that time that can be adventurous or productive. time and opportunity are on your side. its amazing what can be accomplished and the moments you can capture...

1 comment:

  1. This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. Looking to reading your next post.
    dry cleaning

    ReplyDelete